Nearly 1,500 athletes and 640 coaches from across Wisconsin will be competing on the UW-Stevens Point campus for the 2017 State Summer Games. This will mark our 37th year being in Stevens Point. Athletes will be competing in Athletics (Track & Field), Powerlifting, Soccer, and Swimming. In addition to sports competition, State Summer Games also provides free medical exams to athletes through our Healthy Athletes program.
We are looking for over 700 volunteers to help make this event a success! There are several volunteer positions and shift options on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday June 7-10.
Just a few of the volunteer positions we are recruiting:
- Opening Ceremony Set-up/Tear down: Help get Summer Games kicked off with our Opening Ceremony including an athlete parade and Torch Run!
- Food Services: Help make sure our athletes, coaches, and volunteers are fed so they can be at their best!
- Track and Field Events: Help our athletics athletes compete with track events, shot put, softball throw, mini javlin, and jumps!
- Swimming: Help our athletes get to the starting line at the pool!
- Awards: Hand out medals and ribbons to our athletes!
- Power Team: Help with the everyday tasks that keep the tournament running – venue set up, tear down, moving equipment, etc
Use the link below to register!!
Volunteer questions? Contact Kate Bergmann, Regional Athletic Director, at KBergmann@SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org