SOWI is excited to offer a new athlete leadership workshop for athletes ages 14 and older of all abilities! Registration is now open for SOWI Athletes to participate in a virtual Introduction to Athlete Leadership and Understanding Leadership workshop.
This workshop will be held monthly, typically the 3rd and 4th Mon/Wed from 4:00 -5:15pm. (See specific dates below). You must be willing to commit to all 4 sessions in the month you select, and must have a laptop/phone/tablet and Wifi so you can access Zoom. If you are interested in this class, but not available during this time or via zoom, please email Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
Please use this link to register at any time for the full year. We will confirm your participation and send materials one week prior to the start of each workshop.
- Review the SOWI mission, facts and why we are unique
- Discuss Unified Leadership and explore different roles you can have in Special Olympics
- Explore skills and behaviors of great leaders
- Explore your own skills and interests, opportunities for growth and how you would like to be involved.
- August – Mon. 23; Wed. 25; Mon. 30; Wed. Sept 1
- September – Mon. 20; Wed. 22; Mon. 27; Wed. 29