Youth Activation Committee (YAC) for Unified Champion Schools

The Youth Activation Committee (YAC) is about activating youth to promote school communities where all young people are agents of change – fostering respect, dignity and advocacy for people with intellectual disabilities. The Wisconsin Youth Activation Committee (YAC) for Unified Champion Schools is a select group of student athletes and partners, ages 13-21, from across the state that have demonstrated great leadership and compassion for Special Olympics athletes. They will serve as youth liaisons to Special Olympics Wisconsin staff in planning and implementing Unified Champion Schools programming in schools and communities throughout the state. They will also play an important role in the planning and execution of the Youth Activation Summits.

“Inclusion is important to me because I think it’s really important in schools that everybody has a friend, and everybody has somebody to talk to.” – Emma Weirgough, senior from Columbus High School

The application for the 2019-20 YAC is now available HERE!

Youth Activation Summit

Any students in middle or high school are invited to attend the statewide Youth Activation Summits (YAS). A YAS is a summit of youth leaders from around the state, with and without intellectual disabilities, coming together to learn about youth leadership and social justice through Special Olympics sports and activities.

“People with intellectual disabilities are just like you and me. They are more actually, they are brave, they are smart, and they deserve to be treated with respect.” – Hannah Roehring, President of Unified Champion School program at Brillion High School

Youth Activation Summit 2015

Inclusive Leadership
Stay Connected!
Follow Us!

Proudly Supported By:

Kwik Trip Law Enforcement Torch Run