We are absolutely delighted to announce that the Special Olympics Coach Webinar Series is back for 2022
Last year we ran the first Coach Webinar Series, presented by Gallagher, to a great success. As a reminder we had coaches attend from more than 115 countries from around the world with more than 250 coaches joining each webinar and many more watching online afterwards. There was great interest from coaches, athletes, families, and programs to continue. Responding to the feedback provided, we are running the series again in a slightly different format.
This year we will have 4 webinars (1 per week) covering topics chosen by Special Olympics coaches, beginning on Wednesday 28th September and continuing through Wednesday 19th October.
Each webinar will last 60 minutes and cover different topics from creating a relationship with your athletes, to coaching a group of athletes with varying ability levels. (Please see attached poster for more details)
All webinars will be available to watch on YouTube after the live webinar has concluded.
Some returning pieces and additional pieces we have added to this year’s series:
- Special Olympics Athlete Leaders from around the world will lead each webinar as hosts – back by popular demand!
- A full webinar dedicated to the voices of our athletes. We invited a panel of athletes to share their experiences and what they want from their coaches
- Industry leading speakers – we’re returning with a stellar line of up coaches, athletes, researchers and experts to share their experiences
- Multi-lingual. Simultaneous Interpretation expanded and the webinars will now be available in all 6 approved languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish, Russian)
- New dashboard for coaches to use for more interaction with speakers and resources
Registration is open for everyone and is FREE. We welcome coaches from within and outside of Special Olympics, as well as others involved in the movement who are not coaching or for anyone who wants to learn more about coaching in Special Olympics.
Registration for the webinar series is open now, so please visit the link below to register now!