THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER. IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN ATTENDING A FITNESS CAPTAIN WORKSHOP, PLEASE CONTACT JESTON OR BRITTANY AT THE EMAILS BELOW.
Fitness Captains will encourage and empower fellow athletes to be healthy and fit on all Special Olympics teams.
Using their leadership skills and fitness knowledge, Fitness Captains can influence the norms of their teammates, which in turn, can impact behavior. Teams that have Fitness Captains will:
- Complete appropriate warm-up and cool-down at each practice or training session
- Learn health education tips or lessons
- Be supported to practice healthy behaviors and encouraged to participate in other health/fitness programming
Fitness Captains must:
- Have a passion for fitness, exercise, and healthy behaviors and can model this for their teammates
- Act as a positive influence with their teammates
- Be reliable, dependable, and respectful always
- Show great sportsmanship in all circumstances and have a great attitude
- Be great team members and genuinely care about those around them
- Effectively be able to communicate
Coaches may nominate an athlete to attend the Fitness Captain workshop by filling out this Nomination Form. Once nominations are submitted, athletes will be contacted to attend the workshop. Coaches are encouraged, but not required, to attend the workshop with their athletes.
If you have any questions please contact:
Brittany Hoegh – email@example.com or
Jeston Glish – firstname.lastname@example.org