Looking for a fun, family-friendly activity this winter to get the clan out of the house? Look no further! Head into the great outdoors and venture over to Whitetail Ridge Ski Area for some tubing or cardboard box races in support of the athletes of Special Olympics Wisconsin! This is a private event and only registered participants will have access to the fun (this means little to no wait times and more time for tubing)!
Date & Time
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Whitetail Ridge Ski Area
8061 West J Street
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Register & Raise $75 for your adventure and long-sleeve tee! Raise beyond the $75 fee, support more athletes and earn some cool swag!
Cardboard Box Rules
- Your cardboard box sled should be made ahead of time and can only be constructed with the following materials: carboard, duct tape, pool noodle, and paint.
- Boxes should not be more than 4′ wide. There is no restriction on length.
- Max box capacity of riders is 4.
- Tubing minimum height requirements apply to cardboard boxes: 38″ minimum.
- Boxes deemed unsafe by recreation staff will not be permitted to participate.
- Your sled (or whatever is left) must go home with you. They cannot be disposed of on-site.
- The winning sled must cross the finish line with a complete run from top to bottom with no restart or pushing on the course from team members. *Sledders must be in or on sled rather than chasing it or being chased by it!
- Safety and fun are the main objectives! Competition is secondary! Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Be A Fan Award – Team with the most spirit on and off the hill!
- Icy Hot Award – Burnin’ up the snow track with your speedy cardboard box (fastest)
- Sleighing It Award – Get your creativity slipping and sliding. You may not have the fastest cardboard sleigh (or you may), but you will have the most creative design on the hill!
- Meltdown Award – The sled with the most epic fail (you were brave in your attempt).
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Your safety is our #1 priority. All attendees will be required to follow state and local COVID safety protocols that include wearing masks and remaining 6 feet apart from other guests not in your household (this will be strictly enforced). In addition, attendees must also follow venue-specific safety protocols.
- Online registration required (no day-of, in-person registration will be allowed this year)
- Checks/credit cards preferred (cash will be discouraged)
- Guests need to register online one week prior to the event in order to receive a t-shirt day-of (all other items will be distributed via the online store)