In just over a week, Team Wisconsin will be traveling to Seattle to represent the Badger State in the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games.
But before they depart, a celebratory send-off is in order!
Friday, June 29 | 5-7 pm
Wisconsin State Capitol at State Street | Madison, WI
Come cheer on Team Wisconsin alongside supporters from around the state. The celebration will include:
- A ceremony on the steps of the Capitol with special guest speakers
- A Parade of Athletes up the 100 block of State Street led by Bucky Badger & the UW Marching Band
- Photos and a Meet & Greet with Team Wisconsin
- Closest lot to the ceremony and parade route is the State Street Capitol Garage at 214 N. Carroll St.
- Other lots nearby are the Overture Center Garage at 318 W. Mifflin St or the Capitol Square North Garage at 218 E. Mifflin St.
- Map of parking garages can be found HERE
- Parking rates range from $1.00 to $1.20 per hour depending on the lot
Don’t miss this spectacular celebration of athleticism, inclusion, and community. It’s FREE for the entire family!
And if you can’t make the celebration or if you want to send words of encouragement to Team Wisconsin, you can write a comment on our Facebook Event page or in the comments below and we’ll write the message on our Encouragement Cards and get them to the athletes!