Flag football is both a traditional sport for athletes with intellectual disabilities (ID) only and a unified sport, which invites competitors with and without ID to play America’s favorite game.
SOWI has adopted a four (4) phased approach to return to activities. As of August 1, 2020, we are in Phase 1 – Small Group Activities:
- Shelter in place is lifted; restriction on size of mass gatherings (10 people)
- Activities may resume if they adhere to strict physical distancing and sanitation protocols
- No direct or indirect contact (e.g. through a ball in the hand) should take place
- Training activities may include only be pre-approved SOWI COVID-19 sports
Flag Football Skills is a SOWI COVID-19 approved sports for Phase 1 and 2. For more information, including rules and training plans, visit our Return to Play page.Return to Play Information
Flag Football Season
Medical Deadline: September 15
Search athlete’s medical status now.
Please contact Samantha Sotelo, Athlete Records Manager, with any questions regarding your athlete’s medical record standing.
All Unified Partners must be Class A Volunteers by the medical deadline.
- State Flag Football Tournament, October 5, Neenah, WI
Competition Information and Forms
|A||General Sports Rules|
|Flag Football Rules||Word|
|C||Intent to Play|
|Flag Football Intent to Play||Word|
|State Flag Football Registration||Word|
|Forms for Duplication|
|Special Needs Form||Word|