SOWI has adopted a four (4) phased approach to return to activities. As of August 1, 2020, we are in Phase 1 – Small Group Activities:
- Shelter in place is lifted; restriction on size of mass gatherings (10 people)
- Activities may resume if they adhere to strict physical distancing and sanitation protocols
- No direct or indirect contact (e.g. through a ball in the hand) should take place
- Training activities may include only be pre-approved SOWI COVID-19 sports
Flag Football Skills (Punt, Pass and Kick) is a SOWI COVID-19 approved sport for Phase 1 and 2. For more information, visit our Return to Play page.
2020 Punt, Pass and Kick Season
- Athletes will participate in all 3 events at practice. Athletes will register through their local agency by September 23, 2020 and will include 3 scores for each event (punt, pass and kick). Those scores will be averaged and then added together to determine their division. Athletes will be divisioned against other athletes from around the state. Each athlete will then complete one more round and submit their scores by Friday, October 9th. This competition can be done in Phase 1 or 2.
- Athlete will participate in all 3 events at practice. Athlete will register through their local agency by September 23, 2020 and will include 3 scores for each event (punt, pass and kick). Those scores will be averaged and then added together to determine their division.
For more information or to request registration forms for in-person competitions, contact Jason Blank.
- Will use same field set up as in-person event.
- Can be set up in a field or parking lot.
- Will need throw line, 3-foot middle lane, tape measurer, and intermediate size footballs.
- Athletes will make 3 attempts at each event (punt, pass, and kick)
- Athletes will submit their scores individually.
- All athletes that participate in Virtual Competition must submit their scores and complete the SOWI Waiver for Online Activities. Athletes will receive a participation award and recognition during the Fall Outdoor Virtual Celebration, October 14-15, 2020.
Punt, Pass and Kick Rules & Training Plan
Punt, Pass and Kick Instructional Videos
- October 14-15, 4:00pm – 8:00pm, Fall Outdoor Virtual Celebration
- October 20, 6:00pm – 6:30pm, Punt/Pass/Kick Virtual Awards Ceremony