Youth Activation Committee (YAC) for Unified Champion Schools
Special Olympics Wisconsin’s Youth Activation Committee (YAC) consists of 10 youth ages 14-18 from across the state, both with and without intellectual disabilities. To become a part of this committee, youth must fill out an application and go through an interview.
Below are some of the responsibilities for the YAC:
- Be leaders of change within their Unified Champion School
- Promote inclusion statewide
- Help run a statewide Youth Summit
- Assist in coordinating Spread the Word Inclusion week
- Attend and help at Special Olympics Wisconsin state tournaments
- Participate, volunteer and promote Special Olympics events such as Polar Plunge
Meet this year’s Youth Activation Committee
Youth Activation Summit
Bringing students with and without intellectual disabilities from across the state together to develop the tools needed to become leaders for change in their schools and communities. These summits create a network of students and teachers/liaisons who are committed to the inclusion revolution.
The 2022-2023 Youth Summit will be held on May 21, 2023 in Oshkosh, details to come.
The application for the 2023-24 YAC application will be available May 1, 2023. Applications are due by June 1, 2023.