The 2019 Special Olympics Wisconsin Summer Games need you! With nearly 1500 athletes participating in track and field, soccer, and swimming events and the festivities surrounding them over the course of three days, we need MANY volunteers to make these Games work! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Food Service: assisting in the cafeteria with serving meals, filling beverages, and cleaning tables.
- Opening Ceremonies: ushering athletes to their designated area for the ceremonies, assisting athletes as needed during the ceremonies, and helping with take-down following the event. We also have an opportunity during the lead-up time to Opening Ceremonies to do a health survey with athletes, which is a great way to interact with our athletes!
- Assistance with events: working with athletes to make sure they get to their assigned events (staging), handing out awards, timing, etc.
- Security: assisting at entrances and exits of event sites to make sure athletes and attendees are getting to the right places.
- Power Team: loading/unloading, set-up, general assistance as needed at the various event sites.
- and more!
Individuals are encouraged to sign up through our online volunteer registration. Please note this is a registration form; please mark only shifts you would like to volunteer for (not all that you are available for), and please do not register for overlapping shifts.
Do you have a group that would like to volunteer? Please fill out the form located here!
Thanks for your dedication to making this event the best it can be for our athletes!