Special Olympics is a global organization that unleashes the human spirit through the transformative power and joy of sport, everyday around the world. Through programming in sports, health, education and community building, Special Olympics is changing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities solving the injustice, isolation intolerance and inactivity they face.
The Marketing Strategist will develop and implement strategic marketing plans and tactics that align with Special Olympics Wisconsin’s (SOWI) key departments and initiatives. This position will ensure marketing plans are consistent with the Special Olympics brand platform, then lead the hands-on implementation of tactics, management of budgets and evaluation of results to ensure achievement of overall business objectives. This position is part-time (20 hours/week) and is located at SOWI’s headquarters on Madison’s east side.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Three to five years of experience in the marketing/communications field
- Demonstrated experience using integrated marketing/communications strategies and tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skill set, proven ability to develop communications across multiple channels and to a variety of audiences
- Proficient with Adobe Suite; experience with web/social media tools and email solutions
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, staff and external stakeholders
- Professional, self-starter, results focused
- Strong presentation skills
- Willing to work extended hours when required with ability to travel occasional nights & weekends
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- Ensures a consistent, accurate and positive representation of SOWI in all communication
- Teams with program and fundraising staff to develop shared business objectives, target markets, measures of success; Leads the process to identify strategies, tactics and message platforms to meet objectives
- Develops and implements integrated marketing plans that align with key SOWI initiatives, within identified timeframe and budget
- Utilizes paid, earned, owned and social media channels to promote marketing initiatives
- Tracks, analyzes and reports measures of success to stakeholders, as appropriate
- Manages graphic design needs across Special Olympics Wisconsin; ensures adherence to brand standards
- Abides by the SOWI Guiding Values
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Wagner, Vice President of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7, 2017.
Marketing Intern – Madison
Special Olympics Wisconsin is currently accepting resumes for a Marketing Intern to work 15+ hours per week. This position is responsible for assisting with marketing to staff, athletes, families, volunteers, donors and communities across Wisconsin. Projects may include:
- Content development: various e-newsletters, targeted e-marketing, website content, video development, help to maintain editorial calendar
- Event marketing: planning, logistics, information sheets, event banners, day-of support
- Media relations: news releases, media advisories, media pitches
- Advertising & Promotions: write, edit and design deliverables; partner with promotional product vendors
- Social Media: creating content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Measure: analyze data to report measures of success; experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Perform administrative duties as needed
This is an unpaid internship which will be located at Special Olympics Wisconsin’s headquarters on Madison’s east side. If your school allows for an internship credit, Special Olympics Wisconsin will work with you to provide support for that credit. Please submit your resume, cover letter (include number of hours you would be available per week) and writing samples to email@example.com.