Coordinator, Development & Sports Region 4-5 (Appleton, WI)
The Coordinator, Development and Sports will support organizational operations in the Region 4-5 office by providing administrative support to the Development; and Sports and Health Programs Departments. This position is full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week.
Qualifications include: Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred; or a minimum of two (2) years’ work experience; Effective verbal and written communication; Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; Ability to work independently and organize work to meet established deadlines; solve problems using good judgment; understand when to seek assistance or guidance from others; Proficiency with MS Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, & Publisher; Some weekends, evenings and overnights, will be required. If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com ; by April 15, 2021.
Special Olympics is a global organization that unleashes the human spirit through the transformative power and joy of sport, everyday around the world. Through programming in sports, health, education and community building, Special Olympics is changing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities solving the injustice, isolation intolerance and inactivity they face.
Volunteer Positions (click to jump to position description)
Special Olympics Wisconsin provides year-round sports training and competition for children and adults with cognitive disabilities. The Games Management Team will assist the Regional Sports staff in planning and implementing Regional and District Competitions as well as training schools for coaches and athletes. A variety of time commitments are available. Hours are flexible. GMT Members are asked to attend a minimum of 2 events per year.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills are helpful.
- Knowledge of sports is necessary.
- Occasional travel and some evening & weekend work is required
- GMT members are at times required to assist with some heavy lifting and moving equipment.
- Must be a Class A Certified Special Olympics Volunteer and kept current.
- Assist with planning and coordination of SOWI Regional competitions.
- Assist with volunteer management
- Interaction with various coaches and volunteers~ enforcing games rules and etiquette.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and set up/tear down of events.
- Attend planning meetings-approximately 3 per year. These are scheduled in the evening time and are flexible on days and times
The Games Management Team Members will work under the supervision of the Regional Athletic Director and Special Olympics of Wisconsin. Please submit your resume and cover letter (include number of hours you would be available per week) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose: Office Volunteer supports the work of several Special Olympics Wisconsin (SOWI) staff with an emphasis on working with the Office Manager.
Location: Special Olympics Wisconsin, Inc., State Office, 2310 Crossroads Drive, Suite 1000, Madison, WI 53718
- Greet guests and direct them to other offices.
- Assist the Front Office Manager with weekly and periodic duties such as data entry, processing mail, entering names into a spreadsheet, sending thank you’ s (including IDMP letters) and other similar tasks, as needed.
- Assist in filing volunteer forms; and data entry of day of volunteer records;
- Support the Development department in the preparation of mailings, including event registration packets;
- Assist the Sports department with games preparation such as laminating, stringing ribbons, organizing supplies & materials;
- Other duties as assigned, by the Office Manager;
Reports to the Office Manager.
Time Commitment: One or two days per week (T, W, or Th) for two (2) – four (4) hours, for a minimum of three months.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of computer and data entry. Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. The Office Manager will be available for questions and assistance.
Age Requirement: 18 years of age;
Background Check: Required;
Dress Code: Business Casual
How to Apply: Email email@example.com, if you are interested in volunteering;