Special Olympics Wisconsin (SOWI) provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage and experience joy while participating in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Sport will open hearts and minds towards people with intellectual disabilities and create inclusive communities across Wisconsin. Globally, we strive to end discrimination against people with ID.
- Be passionate about the mission and the work of Special Olympics.
- Be honest.
- Ingrain values in the way we think and act.
- Be reliable.
- Lead by example.
- All members are part of one team that is Special Olympics Wisconsin.
- Seek common ground and listen respectfully.
- Be supportive of new ideas.
- Be willing to collaborate for organizational success.
- Elevate each other in the execution of core values.
- Empower the whole athlete.
- All abilities are valued.
- We value, celebrate, and respect all differences.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of all that we do.
- Project optimism.
- Recognize and celebrate our successes.
- Strive for quality in everyday work.
- Evaluate processes, learn, and practice continuous improvement.
- Be brave in the attempt.
Our Strategic Goals
- Improve opportunities for athletes to perform at their best
- Build positive attitudes towards people with intellectual disabilities
- Build capacity by improving resources
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Special Olympics Wisconsin