Take the Plunge in 2020!
The 2020 Polar Plunge is almost here! Agencies and their athletes, families and supporters can once again raise money for Special Olympics Wisconsin as well as their individual agencies thanks to our agency rebate.
Polar Plunge Resources
- Agency Polar Plunge Registration Guide
- Polar Plunge Flyer
- Team Captain Playbook
- Polar Plunge Guru Contact List
- Incentive List
NEW Agency Virtual Polar Plunge
And new this year, agencies now have two awesome ways to take the Plunge! New in 2020 is the SOWI Agency Virtual Polar Plunge. Exclusive to SOWI agencies, the Virtual Polar Plunge will give agencies the opportunity to raise funds online and receive their 25% revenue share (rebate) without having to travel to a Polar Plunge!
Virtual Plunge Details
- Agency teams have the freedom to decide how they want to participate in the Virtual Polar Plunge—a dip in a swimming pool, a spray from a garden hose, an icy glass of water? Just no lakes, rivers, etc. as we do with our traditional Polar Plunge events where we have onsite crews to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Virtual Polar Plunges should occur during February 2020 and only Special Olympics Wisconsin agencies can participate.
- Different from our traditional Polar Plunge events, participants will pay a $25 registration fee which will go toward the team’s fundraising goal.
- The Virtual Polar Plunge will be based on online donations only. Agencies are eligible to receive a 25% rebate on all donations raised online. Rebates can be used to help support your athletes, host parties, cover transportation costs, purchase uniforms, etc.
Virtual Plunge Incentives
Incentives will be earned as a team! Below are the prize levels in addition to the 25% agency rebate:
- Raise $2,000 = Receive $50 VISA Gift Card
- Raise $3,500 = Receive $100 VISA Gift Card
- Raise $5,000 = Receive $150 VISA Gift Card
Virtual Plunge Resources
Who are Agency Managers?
Agency managers are a prime piece of how Special Olympics Wisconsin functions. Agency managers head up the more than 160 Agencies of athletes around the state of Wisconsin. Each Agency manager has several responsibilities which include planning, organizing, directing and coordinating programs and services for the athletes, families or volunteers within their respective Agency.
Information for Agencies
Athlete Registration Forms
- Volunteer Policies Video
- Class A Volunteer Policy
- Recreational Swimming Policy
- Concussion Policy
Codes of Conduct
- Athlete Code of Conduct
- Family Member Code of Conduct
- Spectator Code of Conduct
- Disciplinary Steps for All Code of Conduct Violations
Agency Management Forms
- Video – use of correct forms for agency finances
- Account Descriptions
- Budget Template
- Forms for Duplication
- In-kind Contribution Receipt
- Invoice Approval Form
- Agency In-house Petty Cash Receipt
- Petty Cash Ledger
- Agency Deposit Ticket
- Agency Deposit Ledger Template
- Sales Tax Reporting Form
- Money Handling Accountability
- Sales Tax Certificate
- Agency to Agency Funds Transfer
- Report of Accident/Incident
- Request for Certificate of Insurance
- Proposed Rule Change Form
- Fundraising Project Application
- Sports Competition Event Grant Application
- Allowable Expenses