Special Olympics Wisconsin is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our athletes, volunteers, coaches, officials, staff, and all that contribute to the success of our athletes in training and events. Below are protocol and accompanying materials for guidance on Returning to Play.
SOWI Return to Play: Protocols based on Local COVID Risk Levels (Updated 03/08/22)
Special Olympics WI is utilizing the 7 day average of reported cases per 100,000 people to determine the level of COVID risk in the community. This statistic will guide activities based on a Low COVID Rate (Green), Moderate COVID Rate (Yellow), or Significant COVID Rate (Orange). This statistic updates daily and local data can be found on The Washington Post website: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/. For event planning purposes, the COVID Rate on the Monday prior to the event will be the numbers used for what COVID protocols will be in place at the event.
Local Program’s risk level is based on the number for their host county. If a local programs crosses counties, the risk level will be assessed based on the location of practices. If a Local Program’s county does not post information, the default will be to the State Rolling 7-Day Average per 100,000 people. SOWI will follow the protocols based on the state vaccination rate. Since the vaccination rate is at 65%, SOWI will be following the protocols base on 51%-79% vaccinated. If a Local Program knows the vaccination rate is higher than that, it will operate under the protocols that correlate with the known vaccination rate at practices. SOWI will provide updates to Local Programs when their status changes.
Please email covid@SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org if you have any questions.Return to Play Guidelines Return to Play FAQ COVID-19 Vaccine Info
Return to Play Forms
- Participation during COVID-19 Waivers (Required)
- COVID-19 Screening Form (for SOWI Local Programs only. Updated 08/12/22)
- Providing your COVID-19 vaccination status helps SOWI better plan each tournament within the Return to Play protocol. Click here to submit your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Return to Play Resources
- Where to buy COVID-19 Supplies
- Training in a Safe Environment
- Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
- How to Properly Wear a Face Mask
- Mask/Face Covering Wearing Guide
- Handwashing Poster, Video
- Return to Play Field Signs
- COVID-19 Participant Release form
- Preparing the Venue
- Travel to Activity and Onsite Screening
- Examples of Coaching Adjustments
- Zoom Training Powerpoint & Webinar
- What Now – COVID Positive Test
- NFHS COVID-19 Training Course
- Checklist for Coaches
- Spectator Memo
- Return to Play Coaches Meetings: